PAASL Coordinator Responsibilities
Thanks for considering to volunteer to be a team coordinator! The time requirement is very light, but very important to help the league operate in a smooth and organized fashion. You make this league possible!
The duties of team coordinators are as follows:
- Be responsive to PAASL officials and players. PAASL occasionally asks you to send messages to players and solicits your feedback. Also assist to resolve any player issues or questions.
- Show up early to games (15 minutes) to assist with player issues, referee check-in, and anything else relevant to get soccer games going on schedule.
- Ensure a printed roster of your team is presented to the referee for player check-in at each game.
- Hand out player ordered jerseys as needed.
- Carry the first-aid kit and official PAASL match soccer ball to ALL games.
- If you are home team (listed first, green jersey) for the first or last game of the day on the field, your team is responsible for putting up/taking down both the corner flags and goals at JLS fields.
- At the end of each game, request all players collect and dispose of any litter that is left behind.
- If you will be absent, please arrange for another player on your team to handle the coordinator duties.
- Last, the coordinator is a representative of the league and is requested to assist the league in supporting league principles such as:
- This is a recreational league – NO standings, overly aggressive play, or foul/abusive language.
- Substitutions should occur so all players get roughly equal time on the field. Rostered players should get preference over ringers.
- Respect the referees – referees are in charge of the game and their calls should not be questioned. Encourage your teammates to get on with play and avoid cards for dissent. Support the referee’s efforts to keep the game in control and eliminate any rare inter-player or inter-team friction.
As a thank you for volunteering to be a team coordinator, PAASL will refund 50% of every team coordinator’s playing fees subject to a review by Division Commissioners of their satisfactory performance of these duties at the end of the session.
Please contact your Division Commissioners with any questions or assistance with coordinator duties and requirements.